Pages

Friday, November 18, 2011

Natural Products... Make-up!

   Ooh La La!  Yeah, I like to say that sometimes when I've finished my make-up application.  Who doesn't?  After taking the time to apply your make-up just right, you should definitely stand back and give yourself the 'nod', or the "wink and the gun".  Whatever floats your boat!
   I'm especially happy when I know that I'm using products that aren't too harsh on my skin and have ingredients that I recognize.  So I'm really excited to share with you some new things that I've tried and some great products that I've been using for a while.  Like I've said before (here), I love buying and testing new products, especially if they're good for me.  That being said, I don't believe in waste and only buy new things when I run out.  So please don't run out and buy a new eyeshadow because you want to be kinder to the planet or animals, but you already have twenty in your make-up bag.  Trust me, you're being kind to the planet just by using those up first! 
   So here is my list... Some of these products I love and some I like but ALL are natural and Vegan.  Enjoy!

Foundation:
BELLAPIERRE Foundation

   I absolutely love this make-up and have been using it for almost a year.  It feels great on my skin and looks amazing, too!  
Ingredients: Mica, Titanium Dioxide , Zinc Oxide , Iron Oxides.

  This foundation is just as fabulous as bellapierre but, in addition to caring about your skin, Alima Pure is also a cruelty-free company.  They don't test their products or ingredients on animals, and they're a member of PETA (People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals) as well as The Coalition for Consumer Information on Cosmetics.
Ingredients: Titanium Dioxide, Zinc Oxide, Mica. May contain [+/-]: Iron Oxides. Nothing more.

Bare Minerals SPF 15 Foundation
   I haven't actually used this brand but I've heard good things about it.
Ingredients: Active Ingredients: Titanium Dioxide 12.6%, Zinc Oxide 21%. Inactive Ingredients: Bismuth Oxychloride, Mica, Iron Oxides, Zinc Oxide, Titanium Dioxide 

 
Blush:
   These are all so pretty but my favorite is Alima Pure.  The colors go on so smooth and look great!  A little goes a long way with these products!

ALIMA PURE Blush
 Ingredients: Mica (CI 77019), May contain [+/-]: Iron Oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499), Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891). Nothing more.
  BELLAPIERRE Blush
 Ingredients: Mica, Titanium Dioxide, Iron Oxides

Ingredients: Micronized Titanium Dioxide SPF 20 (non chemical sunblock)
, Bismuth Oxychloride (has anti inflammatory properties)
, Zinc Oxide (has anti inflammatory properties)
, Iron Oxides (the source of color)



 BARE MINERALS Blush
Ingredients:   Mica, Bismuth Oxychloride
, Titanium Dioxide
, Iron Oxides
, Carmine

Eye Shadow:
ALIMA PURE Luminous Shimmer Eye shadow
   Theirs is the only eye shadow that I've tried so far, and I love it!  They offer great colors and long wears.  What I enjoy about this company is that you can actually order samples of products to try.  Each sample size costs about $1.50 and comes in a small container.  It lasts for quite a few uses as well so it's a good idea if you don't want to commit to a full size product.
Ingredients: Mica (CI 77019), Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Iron Oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499), Ferric Ferrocyanide (CI 77510).
 

 Mascara:
   My absolute favorite mascara so far is the one from 100% Pure.  It's amazing!!  It lengthens my lashes, smells great and is completely natural!  I wasn't a huge fan of the ZuZu Luxe mascara but I do know that others really like it. 
100% PURE Fruit Pigmented Mascara
Ingredients: Organic Green Tea, Vitamin E (a-tocopherol), Honey Beeswax, Contains All or some of the following Pigments: Blackberry, Blueberry, Black Tea, Grape Skin, Pomegranate, Acai Berry, Boysenberry, Blackcurrant and Raspberry, Oat Protein, Wheat Protein, Provitamin B5, Seaweed Powder, Coconut Stearic acid, Mica (for shimmer in the Blackberry and Blueberry), Cocoa Butter, Pearl Powder, Rice Powder, Cacao Powder and Powdered Coffee Beans, Lavender Honey, Extracts of Oregano, Thyme, Rosemary, Lavender and Golden Seal  


Ingredients: Aqua (infusion of aloe barbadensis leaf juice), cellulose gum, sorbitol, stearic acid, cetearyl alcohol, lecithin, panthenol, sea fennel extract, tocopheryl acetate, eyebright extract, xanthan gum, iron oxides, hectorite, titanium dioxide, potassium sorbate
An FYI about cetearyl alcohol:  Sometimes it can be made from animal ingredients but in this mascara, it's made from vegetable sources.  


 ECCO BELLA FlowerColor Natural Mascara
Ingredients:  Purified water, carnauba wax, palmitic acid (from palm oil), clay, methylparaben, propylparaben, iron oxides. 
I haven't tried this one, but I've heard good things about it.  However, they use parabens so keep that in mind if you want to try it. 

  That's my list so far.  I haven't gotten around to trying any new lip liners, lipsticks, or many eye shadows.  I wasn't kidding when I said I was a product junkie, so it's going to take me a while to use up all of the products that I already have.

  I'll keep adding to this list as I discover new favorites.  Feel free to let me know what you're favorites are, too!

Love,
Ves xx

Ps: Don't forget to check out my favorite products if you haven't already!  Just click here. :-o)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...