Pages

Sunday, January 01, 2012

Happy New Year!!


   I just wanted to take a moment to wish you all a Happy New Year!  This morning while I was driving home with some friends (after a fabulous night out), we each took the time to reflect on our highs and lows this past year.  Here are some of mine:
I became a vegan,
started a blog,
became a Godmother(!),
took a huge leap and began a nutrition course,
got an apartment (gulp!),
joined a boot camp (and liked it!),
...and so much more!
   This year had so many ups and certainly some downs as well.  Most notably when my step-dad had open heart surgery; that was a very scary time for all of us.  Thankfully, the surgery went well and he is on his way to healing and making healthier food choices!
   If you haven't taken some time to reflect on 2011, take a moment now to do so.  You'll be glad you did.  Oh, and I don't make resolutions for the New Year but I do like to set some goals for the year ahead.  I'm so excited for 2012 and have so many things that I'd like to accomplish.  I plan to make a vision board as well, to help keep my goals in sight.  Here are some of my goals:
Blog more,
take myself less seriously,
practice yoga,
get a clear vision for my Health Counseling career,
hug my nephews even more than I already do,
laugh more than I already do,
make more time for friends and family,
read more,
haul my tush to California,
find time to relax,
don't feel guilty for relaxing(!),
and so much more!!
   I think this year will be the first in a long time that one of my goals is NOT to "go to the gym more"!  Ha.  You don't know how good that feels (or maybe you do?)!

  Anyway, I'm off to eat my version of a Hoppin' John Salad.  Apparently it's good luck to eat black-eyed peas on New Years day, so that's what's for dinner!

May 2012 bring you all heaps of good health and happiness!
Love,
Ves xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...