Pages

Sunday, January 15, 2012

Shake, Shake, Shake Señora!

   Today I had a massive craving for a Chocolate Milkshake.  It came out of nowhere and I couldn't think of anything else!  I'm trying to do my homework and every few minutes visions of a thick chocolate shake flood my mind.  What's a girl to do?  Make one of course!  I should confess though, that I was never really a huge milkshake kind of a gal.  I had one occasionally (like once a year) and usually I would get strawberry.  So I'm not really sure where this sudden need for a milkshake came from?  I should also tell you that a couple of hours earlier I had a MASSIVE craving for Eggs Benedict.  However, I have no tofu in the house and it's WAY too cold for me to even consider going out to the store so, I didn't cave in to that craving.  (I'm also still in my pj's!) I usually get these funky food cravings after a night out, so I guess it was to be expected.  I ate a simple leafy green salad for lunch in case I got any other weird, unhealthy cravings I could at least feel good about that choice!
   Anyway, back to the shake.  Let me start by telling you that this shake, which tastes so decadent, is actually super healthy too!  I love when I can get a chocolate fix and not worry about my waist line!  Who am I kidding?  I would eat the chocolate regardless of what it would do to my waist line!  But I don't have to anymore.

  On to the recipe.

   The banana adds a creamy texture while the dates give this shake it's sweetness.  It's so chocolatey and yummy, you have to make this ASAP! 

Chocolate Macashake
serves 1
1 frozen banana 
2 dates, pitted
1 1/2 tbsp RAW Cacao powder
1 tbsp Maca Powder
1/2 cup Almond milk
dash of cinnamon
pinch of sea salt

Put all the ingredients into your blender and process until smooth.  Pour into a glass add a straw and enjoy!  *You can definitely add more milk if you think it's too thick.  I wanted mine to be super thick - and it was! 








   On another note; I'm still missing my Bella but, the chocolate shake has definitely helped put me in a happier mood. 

Peace, love and chocolate!
Ves xx 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...