Pages

Monday, April 09, 2012

Has It Really Been That Long?


   Wow!  I can't believe it's been so long since my last post.  I don't like staying away so long and it makes me wish that I could quit my day job and just write!  But then I'd miss the kiddies at work so that's not really a solution.
   Anyway, I've been up to my eyeballs lately with school and work related things but have managed to cook up some really yummy treats in between.  I'm dying to post them all and anticipate that the crazy pace of my life is about to slow down a bit.  Whew! 
A couple of things worth mentioning:

#1 I just happened to celebrate (not literally) my Vegan anniversary this past month.  Woot-woot! If I had had the time, I would have loved to devote an entire post to it.. but alas, that didn't happen.  I'm so proud of myself, though - not because I didn't think I would last - but because of the healthy, responsible way I approached this lifestyle.  I was never a junk food vegan, that's for sure.  In fact, I now eat a high raw, vegan diet.  And because I was so intrigued by the health benefits of eating a vegan diet, and sharing it with the world (I'm dramatic), I decided to go back to school and become a Health and Wellness Coach.  How many people can say that after changing their diet? And not only have I gone back to school, I'm also inspiring people around me to start taking better care of themselves and their health!  Hooray!  I mean, my brother bought Kale the other day!  I have no idea if that was directly related to me or not, but I am just so thrilled that he chose to try something new.  Way to go, bro!

Speaking of yummy veggies...

#2  I've finally joined a CSA!  I did a little research and found a local farm which runs a Community Shared Agriculture (CSA) system.  There just happens to be a pick-up location 10 minutes from my place so that's a bonus.  Tomorrow will be my third time picking up my produce and I'm excited to see what I get!  I modified my share this time around by asking for no potatoes and no mushrooms (as I don't eat either of those), and more leafy greens and citrus fruits if possible.  Here is a link to the farm that I order shares from and a link to more information about CSA's and here, too.  Also, if you are curious about becoming a member of a CSA here is a link to a CSA Farm Directory in Ontario.

Well, that's all for now.  But stay tuned for some recipes coming soon!  I'm also playing around with a raw vegan Chocolate Cream Egg recipe that I'm hoping to post before this coming weekend.  Just in time for my Easter!  (Yes, I celebrate a different Easter, too.)

I hope everyone had a wonderful Easter and a fabulous long weekend!

Happy Monday!
Love,
Ves xx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...