This month I was paired up with Marissa and Vicky. I sent Marissa a package and Vicky sent me one. Marissa is a reader from Edmonton, Alberta currently working towards a Bachelor's Degree in Marketing. I must say that I had so much fun shopping for Marissa.
Vicky is a blogger at menubyvicky. If you haven't visited her blog yet you must check it out... when you're done here, of course! Ha. Vicky has some super yummy recipes (a few that I plan on veganizing!) and she's pretty funny too!
Anyway, onto the yummy goodies!
|It was like Christmas morning when I finally received my package!|
|A thoughtful note from Vicky...|
|The contents of my package...|
|Bumble Bar! I've always wanted to try these but never got around to buying them. I opened the Hazelnut one to try and it's pretty good! Not what I expected but I liked it.|
|Cashews! I usually only eat RAW cashews but I was so excited to see this in the package. I tried these later on and all I can say is OMG! These are unbelievable. I had to stop myself from eating the whole bag in one go!|
|I love that she sent me some seeds to grow my own fresh herbs! I cannot wait to plant these on the weekend.|
I really liked the write-up on the bottom of the Sage packet: "Sun loving kitchen herb whose purple flowers attract hummingbirds." I hope I attract some hummingbirds by my kitchen window!
|This was the first thing I opened when I recieved my package. I was so intrigued by the name - Buckwheat Snack - I just had to try it right away!|
|Umm... it was totally yummy! Sweet and chewy and full of nutritional goodness! I am definitely going to be on the look out for this the next time I'm at the store!|
|After sampling some of the goodies it was time to put them away so that I wouldn't go crazy and eat everything in one go!|
|Hopefully this cupcake cookie jar will do it's job and keep these goodies away from me!|
There you have it - my Foodie Pen Pal treats. Thank you so much Vicky!
If you like what you see and want to participate next month here's the 411 (direct from Lindsay's page):
On the 5th of the month, you will receive your penpal pairing via email. It will be your responsibility to contact your penpal and get their mailing address and any other information you might need like allergies or dietary restrictions.
- -You will have until the 15th of the month to put your box of goodies in the mail. On the last day of the month, you will post about the goodies you received from your penpal!
- -The boxes are to be filled with fun foodie things, local food items or even homemade treats! The spending limit is $15. The box must also include something written. This can be anything from a note explaining what’s in the box, to a fun recipe…use your imagination!
- -You are responsible for figuring out the best way to ship your items depending on their size and how fragile they are. (Don’t forget about flat rate boxes!)
- -Foodie Penpals is open to blog readers as well as bloggers. If you’re a reader and you get paired with a blogger, you can choose to write a short guest post for your penpal to post on their blog about what you received. If two readers are paired together, neither needs to worry about writing a post for that month.
- - Foodie Penpals is open to US, Canadian residents & UK residents.