Pages

Wednesday, August 22, 2012

WIAW # 11 & My Vacation in Pictures!

   It's been pretty silent around here lately and I apologize for that but I have good reason, I promise!  Last week my mind was preoccupied with not "letting the cat out of the bag" and ruining our surprise for my mom's birthday.  I've been a little busy being super sneaky with my sis.  We flew out here to Nova Scotia for our mom's birthday and succeeded in surprising her with our visit.  On top of that my mom's brother and his wife (aka our Aunt and Uncle) from Vancouver showed up on the same day to surprise my mom as well!  It's been a crazy few days and I haven't properly sat down in front of my computer to do anything let alone type.
   We've been doing a lot of catching up, sight seeing and eating!  Unfortunately, I've been taking pictures of everything else except my food.  Oops, sorry!  But, I do have a couple of shots of food to go along with some sightseeing photos.
 First things first... the food!
My Summer staples:  Salads, Wraps, and Dips!:
{Dreamy Creamy Avocado Dip!} Stay tuned for the recipe.
{Veggies!}
{Lettuce Wraps} - So yum!  Stay tuned for the recipe.
{Nori Wrap!}
{Nori Wrap} cont'd!
{Nori Wrap - all wrapped up}.  I was trying to be fancy with the "plating"!
{Chopped salad with sweet potatoes and roasted veggies}
{Kale salad, sweet potatoes, and roasted veggie couscous}
And now for some "touristy" pics...
Downtown Digby looking out to the bay.

Health food store in Yarmouth.  I love visiting health food stores (and this one was fab)!
The ferry that will take us across the Digby Neck.
One of the many lighthouses in the area
A little cafe located outside the ferry line-up
Our ferry - the Petit Princess - how appropriate! 
   I hope you've enjoyed some of my food/vacation pictures!  I will post more photos of my vacation later this week.

Until then...
Happy WIAW and Enjoy your week (I will)!

Love,
Ves xx

1 comment:

  1. The food looks delicious. Love all the wraps! Digby looks beautiful too! :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...