Pages

Wednesday, August 01, 2012

WIAW # 9 OR The Post That Almost Wasn't!

   I wasn't sure if I was going to do a WIAW post this week because I've been eating/drinking pretty much the exact same thing on a daily basis.  I've been on a juice kick lately and not just my usual green juice in the morning but an actual cleanse for over a week now.  I'm not strict about it so some days it's not just juice all day but for the most part I consume only fresh juices and the occasional light meal in the evening.  And by light meal I mean veggie sticks dipped in mustard or salsa (I can't help myself!). 
My lean mean clean green fridge!
   Why am I doing this?  Well, in a nutshell, I'm desperate to clear up my skin once and for all. I've tried every lotion, potion, pill that you can think of and it either doesn't work or it lands me in the hospital with excruciating back pain (hello, Accutane!).  I'm a firm believer of healing yourself naturally, without chemicals and I know that it can be done.  For the majority of people looking to heal their skin, I would suggest eliminating some things from their diet starting with dairy and wheat.  I would also look at their skin care routine and more than likely chuck most of their products as they probably contain harsh chemicals.  However, when it comes to me, nothing is as simple as that.  I already eat a vegan diet (no dairy - yay!) and it's usually high raw (no wheat!) so that doesn't help me even though it does do wonders for others.  Also, I use only natural products on my skin - we're talking 1 - 2 ingredients, and they're organic!  So obviously there is something else going on even with my clean diet.  I have my own theories and am working on them.  At the same time, it doesn't hurt to cleanse myself from the inside out.
   But enough about that, let's get to the eats!
As always, I start my day with a glass of water with lemon and (recently) a pinch of cayenne pepper.
I follow the water with a fresh green juice.
Coffee - black - so good!
Later in the morning, when I start to get hungry, I have my smoothie.
Pasta salad with tri-colored tomatoes, cucumbers, cheese, spices and dressing.
And since I'm such a weirdo I ate my pasta salad with some greens!
Veggie burger with vegan cheese, tomatoes and spinach.
   I don't always have dessert but when I do I never seem to remember to take a picture!  Anyway, I hope you enjoyed this episode of What I Ate Wednesday: Before I Started Cleansing!  Thanks as always to Jenn for hosting!
Ps: I'll share my summer staples next week!

Happy Hump Day!
Love,
Ves xx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...