Pages

Monday, September 10, 2012

Come On Get Happy!

   Hi Friends!
   If you're singing along while thinking about the Partridge Family then you probably already have a smile on your face!  But, if you read the title of this post and have no idea what I am talking about, then I have some other ways to help boost your mood.

Read on...

Here's a little breakdown of some of my faves:

Bananas:
First, it's a grab and go kind of snack and that alone makes me happy!  Second, the B vitamins help to boost our mood which is perfect for that time of the month (you know what I mean, Moody Judy's!).

Leafy Greens:
Not only are they energy boosters but, leafy greens also contain folate.  And since folate contributes to the production of serotonin, it can help to improve our mood and as a bonus to keep us alert, focused and improve our memory! 

Walnuts:
Natures brain food!  Need I say more?  And, while I'm at it, did you know that even though the typical diet includes way too much fat - it does not include enough Omega 3's?  So before you decide to go on a low fat diet consider which types of fats you are consuming.  The typical diet contains way too much meat so most people are walking around with an abundance of Omega 6 but not enough Omega 3 to balance it out.  It's all about balance, people!

Cayenne Peppers:
It's high in vitamins a, c, e and minerals and beta-carotene.  Not only does it help in relieving depression but it may also be effective in relieving heart attack symptoms.  Yes, you read that right.  Cayenne helps to thin the blood and prevent blood clots which can clog arteries and cause a heart attack and stroke.  Add a pinch to your morning hot (or room temp) water and lemon.

Smile!
This is my absolute favorite trick which I also use at work on the kids.  Try it the next time you are feeling down or in a bad mood.  Plaster on the most ridiculous fake smile you can muster up and you will see that in no time you are in a better mood.  It works like a charm and you will be smiling for real in no time!  I make the kids do it whenever they seem too antsy or when I notice they are arguing a lot with each other - it gets them laughing in no time.

Green Smoothies:
Energy abounds in one of these bad boys!  Especially when you are adding some leafy greens and bananas to the mix.  Take it up a notch with some flax or hemp seeds, boosting the Omega 3 content, and you will be flying high!

   Enjoy the happiness high my friends!  Oh, and if you are wondering who the Partridge Family are, here's a little video to help you out.  This show was before my time but I am a sucker for re-runs and used to catch some of them with my mom.


Love,
Ves xx :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...