Pages

Friday, September 07, 2012

Vegan Crepes OR (in my world) Palačinke!

   Hi Friends!
   I have been meaning to post this recipe ever since I made it.  I love this recipe because it's super simple but most importantly because it's possible!  You see, Crepes, or Palačinke as we call them, were a weekend treat that my mom would whip up for us.  We always had sweet and savory options.  The sweet was always whatever jam we had in the fridge and the savory was this Feta cheese mixture that my mom would make.
   I haven't had crepes in over a year so you can imagine how much I've missed them!  One day during my visit in Nova Scotia, my mom was planning on making them for breakfast for everyone.  She looked at me and asked if she thought we could figure out a way to make them vegan for me.  Challenge accepted!  We came up with a couple of different recipe ideas and then I thought I'd ask my good friend Google what kind of recipes are out there.  After all, I can't be the only vegan craving crepes!  Google did not disappoint.  There are tons of recipes out there and all of them look yummy.  As always, I got some great ideas and came up with my own recipe.  I like to be less fussy then most of the recipes I found.  The result was a crepe that tasted exactly how I remember them - but without the dairy and eggs!  This recipe is a keeper!



Vegan Crepes
Makes about 8 crepes
Ingredients:
1/2 cup non-dairy milk (I used Unsweetened Almond Milk)
1/2 cup water
1/4 cup Earth Balance (melted)
1 cup flour

Directions:
Place all the ingredients in a blender and process until smooth.  Transfer to a 2 Cup measuring cup (for pouring), cover and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes. Lightly grease a non stick pan or cast iron skillet.  Heat the skillet on medium heat until hot.  Pour just enough batter to cover the middle part of the skillet. Gently swirl the pan around to help the batter cover the entire skillet. Cook until golden, flip and cook on the opposite side. 
Fill your crepes with something sweet or savory - I filled mine with jam from the farmers market.  Yum!

Enjoy and have a great weekend!  Maybe this will be Sunday Brunch for some of you? Ha. ;)

Love,
Ves xx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...