Pages

Wednesday, September 12, 2012

WIAW # 13 OR My Lucky Number!

   Hello party people!
   It's the middle of the week and you know what that means.  You guessed it - another installment of What I Ate Wednesday!  I've grown to love these WIAW posts because I get to post pictures of food but also, because I get to ogle food pics from other blogs.  Let's face it, who doesn't like to look at yummy food? 

So let's get on with it, shall we?


First thing - As always, I start my morning off with some room temp water, a squirt of lemon, and a pinch of cayenne pepper.



Next - a cup of coffee.  I love my coffee.  It holds a special place in my heart and I hope that I never have to stop drinking it. 


Breakfast - It's been a little bit chilly in the mornings so I felt like something a bit more warming then my usual breakfast.  I whipped up some oat bran with cinnamon, raw cacao powder and bananas.  


Late morning snackage - carrot sticks and dijon mustard.  This never gets old - I love dipping my veggies in mustard.  And because I do it so often, I've even inspired some of the kids at work to start doing it, too!  Hey, it's better than ranch dip so who am I to deny them?


Lunch - Always a salad and no, in case you are wondering, I never get sick of them!  This one has spinach, tomatoes, cucumbers, avocado, and a sprinkling of nori.  The dressing is simple: Lemon, nutritional yeast and a pinch of cayenne pepper.



Dinner - Garden Burger with tomato and avocado on a bed of kale salad.


Early evening snackage - this is probably my second or third peach of the season.  I haven't come across too many organic peaches so when I saw these at my health store I snatched up a couple.  This peach was super soft (in a good way) and super sweet.  Definitely worth the wait!


Sweet tooth snackage - I made these peanut butter cookies over the weekend because I was having some visitors.  I put the rest in the freezer for the occasional sweet tooth and pulled a couple out to have with my tea.  It totally hit the spot.


   And since this month we are talking about our goals and falling into good habits, I figure that I should share that I am vowing to be more punctual.  This mostly pertains to work (and I really hope that my 'higher ups' do not read my blog... fingers crossed) because even though I rush in the morning to make sure that I get myself ready and get everything done in time - I never seem to get out of the house any earlier!  In fact, I find that whenever I have time to spare, I usually give myself another task because I feel like it's "free time".  And thus, I end up being late or arriving with seconds to spare.  Ugh!  Well, from now on, not only will I be on time, but I will arrive to work EARLY (I hope).  I can do this!  Wish me luck!  Actually, I might not need it as this is my 13th WIAW post and like I said in the title, thirteen is my lucky number.  I think that's all the luck I'll need.  But you can still cheer me on if you'd like! ;)

Have a great Wednesday and remember, it's only two more days until the weekend (yes, I'm counting down)!

Love,
Ves xx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...