Pages

Thursday, October 04, 2012

Chocolate Cookies... RAW! Vegan MoFo #4

   Hi Friends!

   This is my second to last recipe using my Homemade Vegan Almond Milk recipe and it's a good one!  I hope you enjoyed yesterday's Pancake recipe and I hope you try it... soon! 

   I love eating RAW foods and I love baking.  When I can combine the two and unbake some delicious treats, I'm in heaven! 

   This recipe is super simple and you don't need a dehydrator to achieve the end product.  Also, we use the leftover almond pulp from the Almond Milk recipe which is a bonus if you don't know what the heck to do with it.

RAW Chocolate Macaroons
Ingredients:
2 cups shredded coconut
1 cup raw cacao powder
1/2 cup almond pulp
1/2 cup agave nectar
1/2 cup coconut butter (the solid version of coconut oil)
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 teaspoon cinnamon
*You can add a tablespoon or two of almond milk if the mixture is too dry.
Almond pulp is what is left after making Almond Milk

Directions:
Combine all the ingredients in a food processor and mix thoroughly. Roll into balls, flatten and dehydrate for 6-8 hours at 115◦F.  I flip mine over half way through.  If you do not have a dehydrator you can place them on a cookie sheet and stick them in the oven on the lowest setting, leaving the door ajar.

The mixture after it's been combined.
Ready for the dehydrator.  I like to add parchment paper to my trays and cut it to size.
Ready to eat!  Chewy, chocolatey and delicious!

   Have some fun with this recipe.  Every time I make these cookies I switch up the ingredients a bit depending on how I want them to taste and turn out.  I never make them the same twice, so don't be afraid to play with it!

Have a chocolatey good day!
Love,
Ves xx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...