Pages

Tuesday, October 09, 2012

Vegan MoFo # 9 - RAW Hummus

   Hello All!

   It felt really good to catch you guys up in my last post and hopefully you'll get the chance to make one of those recipes soon.
Today's post will kick off the theme for the week which is... ZUCCHINI


   I love how versatile zucchini can be and that's thanks to it's very mild flavor.  This week I'll be using it in a few different ways - some sneaky and some 'in your face', but all will be awesome.  Okay, I think they're all awesome but, you can be the judge when you make them.  Ha!

RAW Hummus
Ingredients
2 organic zucchini, peeled and chopped
1/2 - 3/4 cup raw tahini
1/2 cup fresh lemon juice
2-3 garlic cloves
2 tbsp nutritional yeast
Celtic sea salt and pepper, to taste (optional)

Directions:
Add all of the ingredients (starting with the wet ones first) to your high speed blender and process until smooth.  Enjoy!

RAW Red Pepper Hummus
Ingredients
1 medium zucchini, peeled and chopped
1 medium red bell pepper, seeded and chopped
1/4 cup sun dried tomatoes
1 - 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped (depending on how garlicky you want it)
½ cup raw Tahini
¼ cup fresh lemon juice
½ tsp Celtic sea salt (optional)

Directions:
Add all of the ingredients (starting with the wet ones first) to your high speed blender and process until smooth.  Enjoy!
** This recipe is the same as the one I posted here except that I omitted the oil.  I don't really think it's necessary to have the added fat and it tastes just as good, if not better.


   I love hummus but I find that the chickpea variety tends to bother my stomach if I eat too much of it.  Which, is all of the time as I can't just stop at a few dips!  I make my own hummus whenever I have a craving and I love it because it's so simple to put together and I know exactly what's in it.  So, if I happen to eat half the batch in one sitting... at least I know the ingredients are real!  Ha.

Love,
Ves xx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...