Pages

Monday, November 12, 2012

Health Benefits of Apple Cider Vinegar (ACV)

   Hi Friends!

   Well it's back to the grind after a fabulous weekend of warm weather, Fall cleaning, lots of laughs and a Breaking Amish marathon.  My sister somehow coerced me into that last one but we manged to turn it into a mini party so I didn't mind.  The show is definitely entertaining, but not something I would have chosen to watch on my own.

   Anyway, I promised that I would share with you some of the health benefits of including Apple Cider Vinegar into your daily diet.  Read on for the different ways to use it and why you'd want to.  I'll also post a few links at the bottom for further reading, including one that also lists some risks in taking ACV.  I'm not a doctor so I don't want to recommend that you add anything to your diet unless you are well informed.  I am constantly reading and researching different health claims and then immediately trying them on myself, so you can definitely learn from my mistakes!  Ha.


 What kind of ACV should I buy?

You'll want to look for a good quality raw organic version with "the mother".  This is a cloudy film at the bottom of the bottle which occurs naturally as strand-like enzymes of connected protein molecules.  Just shake before using.  I use Bragg's Organic Raw ACV.

What are some of the Internal Benefits?
  • It aids in weight loss by breaking down fats so that your body can use them rather than store them.
  • Can help regulate blood pressure and reduce bad cholesterol.
  • ACV is rich in enzymes and potassium
  • Promotes digestion and PH balance
  • Helps reduce sinus infections and sore throats.
  • Improves bowel irregularity and can be a natural cure for constipation.
*Start with 1-2 teaspoons of ACV diluted in about 8-10oz of filtered water and work your way up to 1-2 tablespoons.  This can be taken first thing in the morning, afternoon and evening.  For weight loss it is best to drink a glass before each meal.

What are some of the External Benefits?
  • ACV can help to clear up skin.  Use it as a toner after washing your face before bed and in the morning.  Dilute one part ACV with two parts water and apply with a cotton ball or pad.
  • May ease a sunburn - fill a bath with warm water and a cup of ACV and soak for ten minutes.
  • It adds healthy body and shine to your hair.  Use it as a rinse after you shampoo.  Dilute 1tbs of ACV with a cup of water and add it to an empty shampoo bottle.
  • Soothes tight and aching joints and sore muscles from exercise - rub a little ACV on the sore spots.
If you are interested in learning more, here are a few other sites to check out:

Benefits and Risks of ACV - Web MD
ACV Health Benefits - Home Remedies Web
Raw ACV and Ab Definition - Tosca Reno

**Don't use the ACV without diluting it first.  I did this both on my skin, and in drink form.  Apparently it's not very good and can have adverse effects if you don't dilute it first.  This is why you should research more before you dive in!  When I used to drink it on a regular basis I always added it to a glass of water, this time around I thought it would work better with a straight "shot".  Whoops.  Oh well, no harm done!  Ha.

Have a wonderful Monday!
Love,
Ves xx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...