Pages

Wednesday, November 21, 2012

WIAW #20 OR The Day Before Thanksgiving!

   Hi Friends!

   It's the day before Thanksgiving and I'm feeling a little odd that my actual gathering isn't until Friday (oh, and did I mention that I'm also having a Thanksgiving Lunch on Saturday? Yeah.).  But, that doesn't mean I'm feeling any less stressed.  I just finished the rest of my shopping tonight, save for a few ingredients that I'll be picking up tomorrow, and I'm a little overwhelmed!  My menu is a little ambitious (3 desserts!) but don't worry, I'm making a game plan.  I know exactly what I'll be making and prepping tomorrow so that I won't be doing everything on Friday.  I also stopped by the DollarStore tonight, for a few extra serving dishes, napkins, etc. I'm trying not to leave everything for the last minute.  So far, so good.

   But, let's get on with the eats, shall we?  This is kind of mish-mash, a What I ate while grocery shopping for Thanksgiving, and what I ate while watching the Season Finale of the Amish with my sis, if you will.

As always I start my morning off with some sort of water concoction.  Wouldn't have it any other way!
Not sure why this GREEN smoothie looks gray, but it was SO yummy regardless of the color!
Coffee on the go!
Snack/Lunch:  Grilled Cheese and Apple on a Baguette.  I needed to sample what my Thanksgiving appetizer would taste like!
Dinner: A Whole Foods Picnic!  I raided their salad bar during my shopping trip in the morning.
What my sister and I ate while watching the Amish finale... Triscuit Nachos!
What we drank while watching the finale... well, not this exact wine, but you get the idea!
   Well there you have it.  My yummy eats leading up to this amazing day.  I know it may look pathetic, but everything was super delicious!  Happy Thanksgiving to all of you celebrating tomorrow (or Friday, or Saturday...)!  And stay tuned for my What I Ate on Thanksgiving post.  It's the biggest food day of the year, so I've got to devote a post to it, right?  Right!
Love,
Ves xx

1 comment:

  1. Grilled cheese on the baguette looks delicious! Sis, I'm craving some of your Mexican dip...? - Hint, hint... :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...