Pages

Monday, December 31, 2012

A Time to Reflect

   Hi Friends!

   I'm sorry about the silence around here... 'tis the season' and all that.  I hope you all have had a wonderful Christmas if you celebrate, and if you don't, I hope you enjoyed the time off and spent it with your loved ones.  So far, my holidays have been fabulous and they're not even close to being over.  My parents are coming in to town today so that we can all be together for New Years and our Christmas on the 7th.  I'm super excited about that, even though they will be missing the New Years Eve celebrations because their morning flight was delayed until the evening.  Gotta love snow storms!

   As always around this time of year, I take a moment (or several) to reflect about what's happened this year and what I've learned.  I think it's important for me (and everyone, really) to take that time and slow down and look back on the year's events.
   What happened?  What didn't happen?  Where did you go?  What did you learn?  What mattered?  What didn't matter?  What did you accomplish and what do you still want to accomplish?

   This is also a time where I like to set goals for the year ahead.  I'm not a "resolution" kinda gal, but I do like to have a vision of what I want to accomplish.  I'm pretty happy with everything I've done this year, but to be honest, 2012 was a pretty mediocre year for me.  What's funny is that I've noticed a lot of my friends saying the same thing.  I wonder why that is?  I'm not really sure, but what I do know is 2013 is going to be a great year.  If for no other reason than it having my lucky number '13'... I can feel it. 

Cheers to a Happy New Years!

Love,
Ves xx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...