Pages

Monday, March 18, 2013

Cinnamon Raisin Peanut Butter Eggs

Hi Firends!

This weekend went by in a bit of a whirl and a blur but it was jam packed with slumber-partying, movie watching, revenge marathoning, recipe tasting FUN.  Speaking of recipe testing, I'm trying out a couple of chocolate recipes for Easter and I wanted to share the one that I made yesterday.  I'm a little bit ahead of myself as Easter falls in May for us (for the majority of people celebrating it falls at the end of this month).  But, it's never too early to start making chocolate!  Right?  Especially when it's combined with peanut butter...



I finally bought a jar of Peanut Butter & Co.'s Cinnamon Raisin Swirl on Friday when I was out shopping with my sis.  I mean, who doesn't want a jar of peanut butter at a sleepover?  Okay, I've had my eye on this jar of PB forever but have never bought it.  Now I know why.  It's ridiculously good and even more addictive than regular PB.  I'm kind of a nut butter recovering addict (I don't discriminate, I love them all) and try not to keep any in the house unless it's absolutely necessary.  It was totally NOT necessary to have this in my house!  But, fear not.  Whenever I have indulgent goodies (such as that jar of PB) lying around that I want need to get rid of, I throw it into a recipe and then give it away to my friends and family.

 
This time around, I decided to make Chocolate Covered Katie's Reeses Peanut Butter Cups.  Oh. My. Goodness.  These were amazing!  I followed the recipe almost exactly except that I used my Cinnamon Raisin Swirl PB and I used Carob Powder for the chocolate coating because that's what I had on hand.  I actually had to make the chocolate coating 3 times before it came out the way that I wanted.  For whatever reason the carob powder and the agave nectar did not want to be friends!  So, I omitted the agave altogether and just left the coating as carob powder and coconut oil.  In the end, it did not need the sweetness from the agave, the PB 'dough' is sweet enough.  By the way, I doubled the 'dough' part of the recipe and the chocolate coating is enough for both batches. 


Here is a link to the recipe: Reeses Peanut Butter Eggs

I will definitely be making these again for Easter!  And, if you are wondering who got these delicious chocolates, I gave most of them to my sister (who happened to be here taste testing) and the rest to my coworker.  I had to return her tupperware and my mom raised me to never return empty tupperware, so what's a girl to do?  Ha.  I'm sure that my coworker won't mind the little surprise.

Have a Happy Monday... I hope you didn't indulge in the green beer too much for St. Paddy's Day!

My sis and I opted to have green cocktails instead of beer.
Love,
Ves xx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...