Pages

Sunday, May 12, 2013

Hey Special Lady

Hi Friends!

I thought I would do a little dedicated post today about a fabulous woman named Mom.  You may have met her?  She's really sweet, always smiling, has the biggest warmest hugs of anyone you know... ring any bells?  Well, let me just say that mine is better than yours.  In fact, I think I'll be bold in saying that I have the BEST mom in the whole world.  Oh, you think yours is?  Okay, let's not argue.  You have the best mom, I have the best mom... let's agree to disagree.  But, just so you know, this post is about my mom... not yours.  Ha.

 Mom... Mommy... Marmi... Ma... Mama... sometimes even Mother but only when I'm being funny.

These are for you.

 This is the first year that we won't be celebrating Mother's Day together.  Boo.  No, I'm not saying that so that you can start crying! Ha. But, it's definitely weird.  I feel like we should walk around with our laptops on Skype all day just so that it feels like I'm following you around and wondering aloud what I can do next for you.  Because, if we were celebrating together, I would make sure that your day would be full of pampering goodness.  You wouldn't have to lift a finger at all and I would make you delectable meals all day...

Like these, perhaps:

Coffee, Maple Glazed Walnut Pancakes, and a Chocolate Shake for later.











A Green Smoothie in the middle of your day so that you have plenty of room for dinner.

A glass of wine, a salad with Swiss Chard, apples and a vinaigrette dressing, and Sweet Potato Lasagne for dinner.
 

And the Pièce de résistance would have to be these Lemon-Lime Cupcakes for dessert.
Remember Mom, all of these are vegan, which means that they are mucho healthy and also... calroies don't count on Mother's Day!

Anyway, I just wanted to take a moment to say that you are my best friend, the person that I can tell pretty much anything to.  You always listen to me even when I am being estupid... which, let's face it, can happen quite often, and you never judge.  You are supportive of everything that I do and you are my BIGGEST cheerleader.  I know I say that a lot, but that's because it's true.

When I grow up I want to be just like you.

I know I'm squishing your face but I love this picture.  Don't hate me for adding it!

Love you mom!
xoXOxo

My mom really is better than yours... It's my blog and I can say what I want! Ha.


4 comments:

  1. Yes, you did make me cry! I love it! Thank you so much for the tribute, but I probably don't deserve all that. You are a wonderful daughter and you deserve more of the praise. Love you so much, more than I can say. xxoo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You deserve it and so much more! Love you lots and lots Mommy. xoxo

      Delete
  2. On a lighter note ... how about a better picture???

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...